Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Letter Association

'O' for Octpous by Oliver
Materials:
- Pencils
- 1" Construction Paper Strips
- Scissors (optional)
- Crayons/Markers

Nice, simple, affective lesson which teaches letter recognition and sound association.

Discuss what initials are. Ask students to pick either the first letter of their first name or the first letter of their last name. Draw nice and large on one half of a sheet of paper. Rip or cut small squares and collage over letter. On the other half, draw an image which begins with the same first letter.

'F' for Flower by Megan F.

'K' for Kite by Kendall

'S' for Sun by Skylar

'G' for Giraffe by Gabby

'H' for Horse by McKayla H.    
And my favorite....

'N' for Noodle by Natalie

2 comments:

  1. I like this a lot! I really like lessons that use words and/or lessons, and this is great. You could do a whole alphabet book this way. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun lesson-- I think I'll make an ABC book with my 4 year old this way -- she and her mama will have a blast working on it together. : )

    ReplyDelete